For some years I have been remotely aware of the work The Lavender Touch do and the regard in which the service is held throughout the Scottish Borders. Now that I have a bit more time on my hands I wondered if there was anything I could do to help. I have no skills in the care and therapy side but you would be amazed how much work goes on behind the scenes to make it possible for the service to continue. The Charity needs to raise more than £75,000 each and every year just to keep providing the current level of service.
There is already a small army of people who beaver away helping with
- the manufacture, and distribution of products (including a regular sales table at Borders General Hospital and stalls at open days and fetes throughout the borders)
- the distribution, collection and banking of collecting tins
- the distribution of posters
- the administration of the annual “Wear Lavender to Work” day
- many, many more fundraising events throughout the year.
My aim is to strengthen our network of volunteers and help safeguard the funding for the service for many years to come.
If you have any time to spare there is probably something you could do to help. The Borders covers a wide area and we are keen to have representation throughout. You could:
- print out a few posters and put them up in your local church/hall, doctor’s surgery, grocer etc from time to time;
- find out if businesses local to you would be prepared to get involved in the “Wear Lavender to Work” day and give them a collecting tin.
- Arrange to have a product and/or information stall at a local fete or similar
- hold a fundraiser yourself, which we could help you with.
I also have been trying to get in touch with as many existing supporters as I can by email with a view to updating our records and to see who is now available to do what. If you have received an email and you are able to help, please respond by updating your records and preferences. If I have not been in touch with you it may be that we do not have your current details but that does not mean that we do not want to hear from you now, so please sign up below.
Anything you can do would be hugely appreciated and it could be fun too.
We are waiting to hear from you so why not click on this link and send me a message to email@example.com and register for our mailing list.